Fulda is located four miles south of St. Meinrad on Highway 545.
The town of Fulda was founded in 1845 by Milton Jackson, who came to Spencer County from Kentucky. In 1847, the parish of St. Boniface was started in Fulda by Father Kundek, who was in charge of Catholic families from Jasper to Troy. In an effort to save time visiting scattered settlers, he established two parish communities in between--Ferdinand and Fulda.
Once a thriving agricultural community and a convenient stop-over for travellers, Fulda currently has several businesses, and between 150 and 200 residents.