Mariah Hill is located on Highway 62 about 3 miles east of Dale.
Mariah Hill was founded in 1846. At one time, the town was a flourishing business community. Mass production had not invaded the area by 1860 and every person prided himself in his handiwork. Businesses included a flour mill, saw mill, brickyard, creamery, two blacksmith shops, two wagon manufacturers, two general stores, two hotels, two saloons, a harness shop, shoe shop, four livery stables, a furniture store, drum shop, gun shop, drug store, doctor, coffin factory, broom shop and a wooden shoe plant.